Saturday, January 03, 2009

Whew!

I finally settled on a marathon training plan yesterday. The plan focuses on long runs, doing a long run and a medium long run each week, and then one workout, either a tempo run or fairly long intervals. Sounds like my kind of plan. I decided on this one as I think its more do-able on my own than the plans I've followed in the past with 2 workouts a week. It was much easier to get out twice a week for hard intervals when I had a team to meet (I miss Utopia!!)

So today, to start on my plan, I got in an almost 15 mile long run. It had plenty of hills as it started at Grand Army Plaza, went down over the Brooklyn Bridge, back on the Manhattan Bridge, back up the slope to GAP and then around Prospect Park on the roads. I'm exhausted now, but hoping that next week's long run will go smoother because I made it through today's run.

Distance: 14.9mi
Time: 123 min