Saturday, February 21, 2009

Easy Park Run

B and I went for an easy run to see how we felt before the big 10 miler tomorrow. We went for a loop around the park and then cut down to Slope Sports to pick up our numbers for the Cherry Tree 10 Mile. Its really nice to have the early pick up option as now that's one less thing to worry about in the morning.

I felt OK, my leg is a little sore but nowhere near where it was earlier in the week. I did some drills to stretch it out so I'm feeling better about it. I'm planning on running the race tomorrow as a mostly marathon pace workout - it'll be nice to have it on a course I know so well and to have more of an idea of where I'm at in my training. Also, it doesn't start until 10 which means I don't have to get up super early and I'll have plenty of time to get in some miles before it starts.

Distance: 4.9 miles
Time: 44 min