Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to do with my training plan this week. It calls for a tune-up race which I did on Sunday, a 15 mile long run, a 13 mile medium long run and a speed day (strides). Next week calls for a 20 mile long run, so that's slated for Saturday. All this means that I have 5 days left to do 3 workouts and recover from the race. I was going to try to do the 15 today but my legs felt terrible and I was getting really frustrated that I was running slow but it felt hard, so I only did about 11. So now there's no way I'm getting all that running in this week. I think it probably makes sense to just get in what I can while recovering enough so I feel back to normal for the long run on the weekend. We'll see how it goes...

Distance: 11.25 miles
Time: 94 min