Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Medium Long Day

I've been really busy, with B's mom in town for a long weekend so it's nice to get back to normal today. I'm pretty exhausted - with running this much, I find I need 9 or 10 hours of sleep to feel normal and since I haven't gotten that much sleep in a few days, I can really feel it. I got an email today from BAA reminding me that the marathon is in 26.2 days... as if I might forget. It'll feel good to get that last long run out of the way this weekend - it's coming up fast.

Today's run was really nice - I ran down to the Red Hook track. For the first time there were lots of people down there - playing soccer, baseball and even running. I think because I got there around 2:30, it must have been school kids mostly but it was nice as it gave me something to look at when I was doing my few laps to get in a little more distance. Then I ran along Van Brunt to Columbia to Congress and cut over to the Brooklyn Bridge. I went across it and then headed back home.

Distance: 12.6 miles
Time: 1:41:40