Friday, March 20, 2009

Medium Long Run

I hope I don't regret this, but I just did my medium long run for the week of 13 miles. I was originally planning on doing this run yesterday, but with the rainy weather and my parents stopping by for lunch, I didn't make it out yesterday. Hopefully it doesn't affect my upcoming 15K race on Sunday. I'll be running it hard, with hopes of getting in a fast time to boost my confidence as it'll be my last tune-up race before the marathon.

My run today was nice, despite the snow this morning. It was cool and overcast, not bad for a longish run. I ran down to Red Hook, around by the track a bit, and then out Van Brunt St to Congress, worked my way back over the Union and then did a loop around the outside of Prospect Park. I like this route because once I get across Hamilton Ave, there isn't much traffic to deal with for most of the rest of the run. Also, the views of Manhattan are pretty nice from down by the water. I especially like the little section of the Van Brunt Promenade behind Fairway with the old subway? (or trolley?) cars. Creepy, but neat.

Distance: 13.1 miles
Time: 1:44:30