Thursday, March 26, 2009

Strides

Since I have to be out of town for work tomorrow, I did my strides day today. Because the weather wasnt great (cool and misty) I decided to stay close to home so I did a loop and a little bit more of Prospect Park. I did 12 30 second-ish strides and easy in between.

Most of me felt good, but I'm getting worried about my left knee. It was sore last night, nothing specific, just felt a little swollen under my kneecap. It felt the same this morning but the achy feeling got worse throughout my run today. I tried going on the soft trail on the inside of the road but that just seemed to make it worse. I'm icing right now and hoping for the best. Tomorrow will be an off day and then I'll have to make the call on Saturday morning for whether or not I'll do my scheduled 20 miler. Luckily, I've gotten in 3 20+ runs so far so if I had to cut this last one short, I don't think it'll affect me much. Hopefully it won't come to that though...

Distance: 6 mi
Time: 48 min