Tuesday, May 19, 2009

400's Again

Today was 400 day. I did 12x400 with 1 min rest between, definitely a bit harder from last week's 8x400 w/ 90 sec rest... I made it through all 12, but a little slower overall than last week. I decided to use the mile markers in the park again because it's way easier for me mentally than going to the track. Here are my splits:
92
94
91
90
90
89
85
86
90
89
87
85
You can almost see the elevation changes in the park based on these - I started where the mile markers start, at the bottom of the big hill and so I hit the downhill at around 1.5 miles in. Those first two took a lot out of me, my quads felt tired in the next few but once I got the downhill I was able to recover normally again.

That was a tough one. Hopefully doing these in the park will make the first half of the Brooklyn Half next weekend that much easier for me as I'll know exactly what it feels like to run up that hill tired. Also, half marathon pace should feel slow after all this fast running.

Distance: 7.8
Time: 65