Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Cinco De Mayo5K

This past weekend I ran the Cinco De Mayo 5K in Prospect Park. I found out about this one a few days before and decided to run it just to see what kind of shape I'm in after Boston a few weeks ago. I felt great and it was a fun time, even though the race got off to a slow start. A few minutes before the scheduled 11am start, it was announced that due to other events in the park, we'd have to wait until 11:30 before the race could begin. Once we got going though, it went really well. There were no mile markers set up for the race, but using the markers on the road, I think I ran relatively even splits to finish in 20:31, good enough for 2nd place in the pretty small women's field. PPTC women got 3 of the top 4 which earned us the first place women's team title too! I'm glad I gave this one a try - it's getting me excited to see what I can do and also what the team can do at the Brooklyn Half Marathon coming up in a few weeks. It's really motivating running on a team with such fast women!