Monday, May 25, 2009

Today I got in a quick easy run of just under 7 miles. I did an outside loop of Prospect Park and then went in for a short loop to make the run a little longer. The park was the busiest I've seen it - so many people out enjoying the holiday. It was entertaining but also a little frustrating trying to avoid all of the people on the sidewalks.

I took yesterday off for no real reason, other than a late lunch and laziness. Saturday, I got in a fast-ish long run with PPTC - we did the normal bridge to bridge run, going into Manhattan on the Brooklyn Bridge and then back home on the Manhattan bridge. I did a total of around 11 miles with my run to meet the group. It was the first long run were I actually felt good since Boston, so that's getting me more optimistic about the half marathon next weekend. I still have no idea what kind of pace I'll try for, but now I'm at least a little more confident that I can pull off a decent time.

Distance: 6.8 miles
Time: 55 min