Thursday, July 16, 2009

I'm Still Running...

I've been taking it easy the past month or so, and obviously the blogging has suffered too. I spent 3 weeks working up in Hobart NY running at 5am in hilly Oneonta. Beautiful runs, with the fog in the morning, it was like running in the clouds at times, but at 6 when I got back to my hotel room, I just didn't have the motivation to sit down and write about it.

I've been keeping the mileage pretty consistent, 25-30 miles a week. Now I'm home (at least for a few weeks) and I'm getting back into it. I signed up for the coached PPTC speed sessions (missed the first 3) and made it to my first one this week. I've got to say, there's nothing like a coach emailing me training plans and then cheering me on through a track workout to get me motivated... I am finding that switching programs and working with someone new is a little challenging (apparently I'm set in my ways...) but I'm going to give it a try since I know it'll get me excited about my running again, if nothing else.

I'm debating a fall marathon, but leaning towards not doing one. We'll see if I change my mind as I start ramping up the training for the Reach the Beach Relay in September... I also just joined a team for the River to Sea Relay, a shorter relay across New Jersey (7 person teams, 2 legs each) coming up August 1, and I'm really excited for it! I'm curious to see how my body reacts to running twice in a race. It's been a long time since those mile / 5k doubles in college...