Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Yesterday I got 2 runs in again. After an easy run where I felt pretty terrible on Monday, it was a relief to feel so good yesterday. I got in an easy 3.5 during lunch and then made it to the PPTC speed session in the evening. We did a warmup and then about 2 miles where we gradually increased the pace - it was a struggle to keep up, but I managed OK and was happy with how it went.

Today was a recovery day. I did one of my usual Red Hook runs, running down on the Van Brunt Promenade and then making my way back up to Park Slope on Carroll Street. It was hot, but I carried water which made it do-able. People driving cars seemed to be especially careless today, which was frustrating - there were 3 or 4 times where people playing with cell phones weren't looking at all and rolled through cross-walks right in front of me. I guess its to be expected, but I still didn't like it.

Tuesday - 9 miles total (3.5 am, 5.5 pm)
Wednesday - 6.5 miles