Friday, August 21, 2009

I'm Moved!

I didn't get much running in this past week. I had a good weekend last weekend, made it out for an early run with PPTC on Saturday morning - we went from Prospect Park, over the Brooklyn Bridge and then ran up a car-free Park Ave to 72nd St. for a lower loop of Central Park before catching the train home. It was a lot of fun and I was glad I made it out. Spent the rest of Saturday packing up the apartment, went for a short easy run Sunday morning and then started moving. Luckily we hired movers, so there wasn't much heavy lifting, just up and down the stairs with our fragile stuff. So we finished up the move Monday and I feel like we've been unpacking ever since.

I made it to my last PPTC speed workout for the summer (only my 3rd, of 10, I'll have to make it to more next time...) on Tuesday. We did 7x400 and I felt great even though it was muggy and 90 degrees. Took the next 2 days off (one day in Albany, last night was filled with putting together Ikea furniture) but made it out tonight for an easy 48 minutes.

I'm planning on getting some miles in this weekend before I head up to Manitoba for 2 weeks on Sunday. At least I'm guaranteed great running weather when I'm up there - lows around 45 each morning and 70 in the afternoon. I might have to bust out my long sleeved running shirts if I make it out for runs before work!