Saturday, August 29, 2009

Week Recap

This was another busy week for me and my running definitely suffered. I traveled Sunday, and because of a flight cancellation, didn't make it to my destination until 2am. With work in the morning, I missed Monday's run too as I was not about to get up early after such a late night. Managed to get in 6 miles on Tuesday morning at a pretty fast pace for such an early morning (just under 8min/mi) and then slower 6 on Wednesday morning. It was so nice to run in the 50 degree temps, even if it was really early and dark for those runs. Took Thursday and Friday off because the long hours at work were taking a toll and I wanted to get some sleep.

Got in about 5.5 miles just now, felt good to be home but the humid warm weather was definitely a shock to my body after the week of cool temps. Back to the cool weather mid week next week though, so I have to just suck it up through this weekend, and get some running in in a setting where I can also get some sleep and don't have to work 10+ hours a day...