Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Last Run before RTB!

We found out yesterday that due to an injury one of our Reach the Beach teammates has to drop out... So now its 11 women, 200 miles. I'm one of the lucky ones early in the rotation that now gets to do 4 legs instead of three. So I've got 8.9, 3.9, 6.9, 3.4 for a total of 23. At least the later runs went from hard to easy according to the leg descriptions.

I've been taking it easy this last week because of the race. Went to the first of the fall PPTC Speed Sessions last night, got to see some others that are doing the relay and we talked about it non-stop as we took it easy on the tempo-ish 2.5 miles coach had us do. Just got in my last run before the big race, an easy half hour down in Red Hook. My body isn't handling this taper well, I had lots of weird aches and pains but I stretched a bit once I was done and I know I'll be fine. The pre-race nerves are starting to kick in!