Sunday, September 13, 2009

Tapering!

I'm taking it easy this week, with the Reach the Beach Relay coming up in just a few days! Got in a comfortable 4 mile tempo run 10 days out and so I'm feeling pretty confident. Got together with about half of our relay team for an easy loop of Prospect Park and then for coffee afterwards to go over last minute plans...

I can't believe its already race week - It seems like it came up so fast, all of the traveling I've been doing this summer really made the time just fly by. Fortunately, I'm back home all this week so I can get lots of rest in before heading up to New Hampshire on Thursday afternoon. I went through the predicted start times to see I have it relatively easy compared to some others in the rotation - I'm second, so I run at around 3 and 11 on Friday and then at around 10:30 on Saturday morning. But I probably make up for the timing with the mileage - 8, 9 and then 4 - all pretty hilly according to the course descriptions. It's definitely going to be a challenge, let's hope I'm ready for it!