Sunday, October 04, 2009

Another Easy Week...

This week turned into another easy week. I was excited to finally have a week at home, but then I got a pretty bad cold. I usually just run through colds, but this one really took a lot out of me and I didn't run at all after Sunday afternoon until Thursday when I finally started to feel normal again. Got in easy runs Thursday and Friday and then went for a long run with the group on Saturday morning. We did about 12 miles, from Grand Army Plaza over the Brooklyn Bridge to Manhattan, over to the west side and then down around Battery Park and back over the Brooklyn Bridge to home. I could definitely feel that I'm still recovering from Reach the Beach and being sick as after about an hour and a half I just felt exhausted.

I want to start getting in consistent 90 min to 2 hour long runs weekly or every other week and start testing out the idea of a spring marathon. This happens to me every marathon season I sit out, everyone's getting ready for their big race and I start getting the itch to start training for my next race. We'll see...