Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Another Week Down

Last week was a busy week for me at work and the weather didn't really work in my favor, but I managed to get in some decent running. Here's a recap:

Wed - Off

Thurs - 7.75 mi / 68 min, really cold run in Albany with Team Utopia. Was going to attempt a track workout but because of the snow there I had no track and because I got up way too early to get to Albany, I figured a workout wasn't the best for my body in that cold cold weather.

Fri - Off

Sat - 8.5 miles with a 5K hard (20:20) in Prospect Park. I should have woken up early and gone up to the NYRR 4mi race in the park in the morning, but instead I slept in and had to do the hard effort on my own. That said, I was really happy with the pace, and was proud of myself for being able to push through to a relatively fast time while running by myself. I don't think I've raced a 5k that fast in a few years.

Sun - Off

Mon - 6 mi / 48 min, easy run on my own wandering through Red Hook, felt good even though I was holding a relatively fast pace

Tues - 9.5 mi total with 10k fartlek workout, alternating 3 and 2 min pickups with 1 min rest between in Prospect Park. This was a tough workout but again, I was able to really push myself and ended up running pretty fast. According to the Garmin, I was all over the place in terms of pace, ranging from 6:45 to 6:10 pace averages for the pickups. I think I always tell myself I don't like these types of workouts because they are hard, but then when I'm doing them, they definitely give me confidence in my running as I know I'm able to push myself... I really should do this type of thing more often.

Quite a few off days but I did manage to get in 2 solid workouts. I think that's pretty good for this time of year. Can't believe its the middle of Week 4 of this training plan already... The half marathon is only 5 weeks away.