Friday, December 18, 2009

Winter is here

Just got in from a nice cold run at about 25F. Did about 6.5 miles with 6x100m on the Red Hook track thrown in in the middle. I felt good, except for my lungs, had this I can't breathe wheezing for a bit when running near the BQE. I wonder if the cold weather makes the pollution worse somehow. Maybe with so little moisture in the air, it makes it harder for my body to compensate, who knows? Other than that, a very pleasant run.

Decided to skip the second workout for the week because of the weather forecast for the weekend. Looks like snow tomorrow afternoon / night will make running Sunday tough so I figured I should plan on getting my long run for the week in tomorrow morning... Even though that means limiting my beer drinking tonight, Oh the sacrifices I make for running!