Friday, January 01, 2010

1860 miles

In 2009 I ran 1860 miles. That's pretty far.

I accomplished a goal I set for myself when I was 11 years old and my dad ran the NYC Marathon. I told him I'd run 3 marathons in my life, that I'd qualify for Boston and run that as my 3rd. This year I did it, it didn't go how I'd planned, I ran about 20 minutes slower than I'd wanted to, but I'm proud of finishing.

I also ran the Reach the Beach Relay, my first 200+ mile relay. It was a great time and I'm definitely glad I decided to join the team. I ran much faster than I thought I could as the race went on, surprising myself by running my 4th leg faster than the legs before. We also won, first women's team overall which is something I know we are all really proud of.

We'll see what happens in 2010... I'd better get out for a run.